Powerbook Keyboard

BBenve

Apple seeder
Just a small question...may be someone can help.... would it be possible to use the 17 inches PB keyboard on the 12 and the 15 ??? or is there something that prevent it to work ..??

Thanks

(they are all the same) ever noticed how as you get a bigger TiBook you get bigger speekers?

They aren't the same. The 17" and 12" keyboards have more keys than the 15" keyboard.

Also, the 15" keyboard has a different locking mechanism than the 17" and 12".

I don't think the new keyboards can be used in the 15" PowerBook.

Do you think Apple will soon filter the technology of the "glowing keyboard" down into the rest of their keyboards? I would like one for my mac!

Matthew

Probably not for a desktop. Your desktop should be on or near a desk next to a lamp. The technology will likely go into the next 15" PowerBook revision though.

That is a shame. I like to have the lights out when I am at my computer... I think they should start putting it in all the keyboards... as long as the tech is not to expensive to produce.

Matthew

Probably not for a desktop. Your desktop should be on or near a desk next to a lamp.

The light emitted by a lamp is umcomfortable, if too close. If I still relied on looking at the keyboard when typing, I'd prefer a lighted keyboard. Wouldn't that be energy-efficient? And we're all for energy-efficient ways of doing things....($$$$)... right?

hey, they had those usb lamps for laptops, didn't they?
i forsee a glowing pro keyboard soon enough.

Noboy answered my question thought... i Asked if the 17 inches keyboard works on the 12 inches NOT the 15..i know the 17-12 are different from the 15 but are the 12-17 interchangeable?

Why would you want to put the 17inch keyboard on the 12inch, if they are actually the same?
The backgroundlight is probably not included in the keyboard, so you can use it on your 12inch too. Since it's working with some sensors I guess it's a seperate modul...

I am afrad but i am quite sure you re wrong...i am 99% sure the trick is INSIDE the keyboard.... so THAT is why i want to do that....!!!!!

I was under the impression that the light sensors were in the speaker grilles at the side of the keyboard. Not sure why, I think someone may have gestured towards that area in one of the videos. I may be wrong tho.

Either way, I could use a Pro Keyboard with glowy letters. That would be v useful. Perhaps not as a standard if its costly, and unneccesary in well-lit offices, but certainly as an option for home/cave users.

Back