Powerbook T1 a1025 display problem

lcdunc

Registered
Please help. My powerbook displays multiple apple icons and spinning wheels on the screen at startup and a totally corrupted screen once booted. I can still click on the top left corner and get to my preferences (even though the icons can't be seen) and the display improves when changed to 256 colors. (the drop down menus appear fine on top of the corrupted background once you can find them and click on them) The display works fine if I hit Contol-Option-Command-8 after startup and view in B/W. Sometimes, it boots fine and looks great with millians of colors. I've zapped the pram, reset nvram, fsck -y, ran the hardware test (all ok) and reloaded the OS- nothing has helped. The display looked great after reloading the OS but was back to the corrupted look when I shut down and rebooted. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

check the video out on a monitor and see if it looks the same. If it looks OK, there could be a problem in tha cable to the LCD or in the LCD harware.

I dunno what a T1 a1025 is, but if it's a monitor, you might want to try DisplayConfigX.

Thanks for the responses. The powerbook is a titanium T1 (DVI) model # A1025.

I forgot to mention that I hooked up an external monitor and the problem displays there as well. If I change the display to grayscale in universal access it clears up and looks great- no corruption, great resolution.

a utility. but only aimed at external displays. if the problem is on both internal and external display, i guess it's the graphics card at fault or a mother board connection. hardware failure, i'd say.

I ran the hardware test again and got error "disp/13/2". What does this mean and what's it going to cost me? Anybody know?

Back