Powerbook Video is garbled

Viro

Registered
I have a Powerbook 12", with a 1.33 GHz G4 processor.

It's been working fine, until a few minutes ago. The video became corrupted, and it now doens't boot up. The initial boot screen (grey with the Apple Logo) looks corrupted, being distorted with black pixels all over the place.

I'm guessing it's a hardware problem. Also, since it is almost 2 years old, it probably isn't under warranty anymore. What are my options now?

I had the same problem. I ran the hardware test from the install dvd and it said there is a hardware error, but the apple website also says that if you have grafics it most likely corrupted software. I'm reinstalling. Not sure if it will work. Oh yeah the error code i got was Video RAM error 2NVD/1/4:2122. I don't know what this means. If anyone else does let me know.

s Video RAM error 2NVD/1/4:2122

Then it is most likley a hardware error. Video RAM means the build in RAM that the graphic card uses. If it is corrupted and can't be accessed correctly you might run into display problems. Its even a greater problem in OSX because the OSX GUI is HW accelerated and uses most of the video RAM.

Back