Powerbook Wallstreet Video Artifacts?

andypress

Registered
I have a Wallstreet Gen 2 and recenlty it has begun displaying artifacts when you move the mouse, or around icons and text. They will dissapear when you go into sleep, and return once you start moving the pointer again. Is this signs of a dying logic board?

To clarify the artifacts: They are all in pink color, and they occur mainly when you move the beach ball around, or when you drag a window out, and there is also half a mouse pointer.

These also show up when connceted to an external monitor. Once person on another forum mentioned that I should reset all from open firmware, but I'm having problems getting the wallstreet into open firmware.

Sounds very much like a problem that one person I know had with her Pismo. We never did track down the issue, she ended up moving to another Pismo.

She recently heard that it may be bad RAM, so I'll be going over in the next few weeks to see if we can get her old Pismo functioning again.

If it looks like it is the problem you are describing here, I'll post if we have any success or not, and what we did.

Back