powerbook won't start up?

crash

and burn
so, i did the worst thing ever. i let the power run all the way down while my powerbook G3 (pismo) was unplugged. it was asleep for like, a few days before i realized that it wasn't plugged in. it wouldn't wake up. just blinking light. still not realizing that it wasn't plugged in, i yanked the battery and the AC adapter plug on the computer. oddly, the light kept blinking for 10 minutes. when it eventually stopped, i thought simply re-inserting the battery and hitting power would make it turn on. no dice.

any suggestions?

do i have to chant "steve is god" while pressing the power button?

thanks guys.

It was probably down to reserve power and wouldn't wakeup until you actually plugged it in to an outlet.

The batteries are warm swapable so that's why it kept blinking even after you yanked it.

A word of advice for the future. Stop yanking stuff out of your PB just because it wont start.

You should beable to plug the AC adapter in, plug that into the wall, and beable to restart your PB.

If not, possibly you shorted something while yanking everything out of it.

yeah, i realize it was a bad idea. but like i said, i thought it was still plugged in. i figured if i let all the power completely drain out, then it would reset something internally. obviously i was mistaken. so at this point, i'm curious as to what exactly it is i should do. i've tried a number of things to remedy this situation, all to no avail.

pressed the reset button and waited the customary 30 seconds. no power.

removed the (fully charged) battery, pulled the AC plug, and disconnected the internal backup battery. waited 60 minutes. reconnected everything. still no power.

removed all the power sources (again), only this time removed the hard drive the ram/processor module and the keyboard. waited an hour. still no power.

so, uh... any suggestions? i'd hate to think that i'd have to buy a new motherboard, or worse a new computer. up until this, i have had no problems with this machine.

thanks for any help.

Back