powermac monitors

jredgrave

Registered
hi I haven't got an apple at the moment, and was thinking about getting a powermac ( new- bottom-of-the-range)...however the monitors that apple makes are quite expensive...is it possible to use my old 17"CRT PC monitor until I can save up enough for the apple one? I know the apple one's have much greater resolution, look better etc

I'm still thinking of getting an ibook instead, but I was hoping to get as much info as possible on my possible alternatives.

If anyone could help, I would be very grateful
-john

Originally posted by jredgrave
hi I haven't got an apple at the moment, and was thinking about getting a powermac...

I'm still thinking of getting an ibook instead, but I was hoping to get as much info as possible on my possible alternatives.

The PowerMacs and iBooks are vastly different in terms of power and features. What exactly do you plan to use your Mac for? If you need the power of the PowerMacs but be mobile too, you should be looking at the PowerBooks instead of iBooks.

...well, I originally started to go for the ibook ( as it had a really good review- as compared to other laptops), but the more I looked into Apple's products, the more difficult it became to make a definite choice... the powermac definitely has a lot going for it, and is only (?!) an extra $AUD1000 over the ibook...I'm in no hurry to change computers (we have a pentium2 PC), but one day we will have to. Depending on my circumstances (leaving home eventually)...will definitely need a new computer. Might travel with work (then an ibook would be good), and it would be groovy to take with me wherever I go.

Anyway, I have only been researching for a week, so I am still in the first decision making stage...though I've got to admit, a powermac with dual processors would be pretty awesome.

Back