PowerMail connection problems-WildBlue

Bob Moody

Registered
I'm using PowerMail on a G5 twincore 2.3 with Wildblue (satellite) as my ISP. Intermittently I get an error message when I try to send mail that says
A network connection error occurred
Class=NetC; what=2; when=2; err=-3170
This happens when PowerMail is trying to connect to the server. I can switch over to Apple Mail and use the connection doctor and everything looks fine, BUT mail won't go out. (Actually I get this sort of problem with Apple Mail more on my iBook G4 than I do with PowerMail on my G5) Network Diagnostics comes up clean. I can surf. I can sometimes send mail using Apple Mail but only through my .mac account when this happens. Then, as suddenly as it started it goes away. Machine is up to snuff... ran Diskwarrior over it last week, plus ran Maintenance 3.5 and Applejack and all is well. The people at Wildblue have this idea of rebooting everything to cure anything, which usually doesn't make any difference. A Google search of the error message comes up empty. Is this actually a problem between WildBlue and the internet backbone that they aren't aware of, or is it in my wireless network system (Dlink) or what? Any ideas?

Bob, I'm having the same problem from time to time. I'm also on WildBlue (here in Canada my IPS is Xplornet/Lincsat). I'm using Apple Mail on my MacBook Pro and get the error message a few times/week. All other accounts work fine and afdter a few tries I'm able to send and receive mail. I'm not sure what is causing the problem, just thought I should let you know you are not the only one. Just as you describe, the tech support is less than helpful and the service is lousy for $150.00 CAN/month. Guess they know you have no alternative when signing up for sat. service.

Back