pps Attachments

Gordon A. McGuf

Registered
Hi everyone this is my first post. I have an i Mac with the Tiger upgrades. I've used Mac for close to 20 years. Now retired and enjoying my computer. The idea behind this Forum sounds ideal and I look forward to participation. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
QUESTION
I am receiving an increasing number of pps attachments. I presume these are from Power Point presentations. I operate with OS 3.6 and for some reason I am unable to open these attachments. Has anyone else run into this problem?
If so please share your solution.

Some of the files that show as .pps are powerpoint files -- some are simply Windows virii hiding as powerpoint files. As you get a lot of pps files suddenly, it could be all the ones you are getting lately are virii for windows.

PPS files are projector files I believe. IIRC, the default extension of PowerPoint presentations is .ppt. A .pps file will only run on Windows (whether on a PC or in VirtualPC), since it is, in effect, an .exe file.

Thanks TexanPenguin. I downloaded the Google software advertised on this header. So far it does not offer much promise. Guess I will have to tell the senders to stop using that format. My other responder said basically the same thing i.e Windows exe masquerading as Power point. I appreciate yuour reply. Thanks again.

Are the mails from people you know? It sounds like junk mail. Do not reply to them in any shape or form. You will be inviting more junk mail on yourself

Back