Preferences file question

hazmat

Rusher of Din
I have noticed a couple of files in my Preferences directory that seems to hold the app's registration into. Finder says it's 4k but shows nothing when opened in a text editor, and the Unix layer says it's an empty file. The files' icons are a page with a couple of radio buttons and lines on them. Anyone know anything about these files?

Thanks.

These are PLIST preference files. They are created by the application to store the preferences. They are created by the application at run-time using defaults if the file doesn't exist.
They are in XML format and can be opened using a text editor, or the XML-Plist editor included in the developer tools.

No, those are not the plist files I'm talking about. If you have Toast, look at ~/Preferences/Roxio Toast Prefs . That's one of the files I'm talking about.

In the case of the Toast pref file, Resorcerer shows that it has one STRING resource - cddb.cddb.com. It also has four PREF resources. Two of these identify my external CD burner. One is blank, and one contains some rather cryptic (to me anyway) characters.
If it's serial data, it's encrypted. ;)

Back