Preloading youtube video in safari tabs?

okinawa11

Registered
Hi guys, on firefox, if you open several youtube videos in different tabs, they all start loading up, even if you haven't viewed each tab yet, but on safari, you have to open each tab to make the videos start loading. is there any way to make them load automatically, as soon as you create the tabs, without having to open each tab?
Thanks!

I'm going to test this out myself but I've been shaped back to dial-up speed so it's going to take a while. I could swear I've had the videos pre-load by themselves before ... do you have Safari 3?

Command + Option + Click the link to open the video link in a new window behind the current one will allow the video to load while you continue to browse in the active browser window ...

You may end up with a stack of open windows tho' ... there is an option in the Window Menu to "Merge All Windows" and I'm just checking to see if I launch 3 vids in separate windows using the above command, whether or not once they start loading I can merge them so that they continue to load in their respective tabs ... remember I'm shaped down to Dial-Up due to exceeding my monthly download quota so it's gonna take me a while ...

*EDIT*

Well I merged the windows and couldn't really continue the test as while the windows were separate it was easy to see if the videos were loading by moving the active window out of the way (while keeping it "active") in order to check if the YouTube video window was 'black' (not loading) or showing signs of loading (image with rotating pinwheel), but once merged I needed to select the Tab to check on progress which resulted in me feeling I was back to square 1 again ... I blame Dial-Up.

Last edited:
argh, that's a shame! thanks for trying, pls let me know if anything else comes up. i'll keep looking, so i'll let you know too!

Back