Print Button Doesn't Work (Not a Peripheral Issue)

life036

Registered
Hello All,

I'm having a printing problem with ALL the printers I'm trying to print to (I'm on a network with about 10 different makes and models of printers to choose from). I get the same problem no matter which printer I choose from: The print dialogue box comes up, but when I hit the print button nothing happens. The dialogue box just stays there on the screen; it isn't frozen though, because I can still cancel out of it and choose other print options. It doesn't matter which printer I choose, the same thing happens for each one. I've tried deleting and recreating the printers, but that doesn't help. The problem is also independent of which application I am trying to print from - It happens in all apps.

I'm running OS 10.4 on a new PowerBook with all the latest OS updates installed.

Has anyone experienced this before or have any idea what's going on?

Thanks,
Chris

I've never heard of anything like this before,

but try creating a new user, and logging in as that user, and pringing from there. Sometimes a file will get messed up that is specific to the user (such as a preference file), and this is the way to tell.

Let us know what happens.

OK, I tried creating a new user and printing from there, and the same problem occurs. Is there any way to just reinstall all of OS X's printing software?

Thanks,
Chris

Try this:
look for Xerox___.plugin(s) in Library>Printers>PPDs and delete. Restart and try again.

(some type of conflict)

Ah, my friend, you are a genius.

How did you know it was the Xerox plugins causing this?

Much thanks,
Chris

Back