Print Center Glitch (HELP!)

bigbadbill

Flaccid Member
Really Strange!

About 2 weeks ago I sent a document call "headercard.eps" to print. The doc printed fine, but ever since when I send anything to print it shows up in print que named "headercard.eps"! Everthing prints fine, but i would like to get this cleared up.

Thanks,

Bill

Titanium G4 • 466Mhz • 768MB Ram • OSX 10.1.3 • Duel Optiquest 17" Monitors • Tektronix Phaser 850 Printer • Microtek Scanmaker 4 • HP DesignJet 500ps 42" Plotter

Yes, I originally thought I had a doc that kept reappearing in que, but I soon realized all my print files were showing this same name.

I don't have another user profile set up on this computer. I recently went through hell trying to get rid and old users folders on another computer, (Never could get rid of them, they were renamed as "deleted" by the system by I can't trash them) so I'm a little leery of adding a user to check this. I did open my pref's in my Home folder and i dont see anything that looks like it is a pref file for print center. i also checked for a print center pref in the root library pref's folder and found nothing there either. I'm stumped.

I created a new user (after deleating the old ones, thanks) and logged in, when I sent a job to print under the new user I.D. it also lists my job as "headercard.eps". Any idea what this could be? What should I trash/reinstall?

Thanks for all your help.

I saw this utility on versiontracker: Print Center Repair. It supposedly fixes all sorts of issues like this. Just go to the OS X section of versiontracker and do a search for "print center" and it will show up.

Matthew

Back