Print Center

shornstuf

Registered
:p I am new to Mac...so bare with me. We (my mom and I) were getting her printer set up. It was sent up before...but she tried to use a different printer and then decided to go back to the original printer. We popped in the disc and downloaded the info and when we go to pick the printer...there are no options. When we click on add printer...the print center shuts down unexpectedly and stops running. What are we doing wrong? Is there a was to get this printer running? It used to run just fine before she tried to install the other printer. Could anyone help us??? Thanks! It would be so aggreciated!

deleting your preferences.

Goto the Finder in the dock, wait for the window to open. Go to the button that has a House.

Goto Library, Then Preferences.
Now find any files that say "com.apple.Print." and delete them.
eg: com.apple.Print.PrintCenter
com.apple.Print.Presets

Now close that window.

Goto the Finder again in the dock, now goto the button which says "Applications"
Goto the Utilities Folder, then find the program called "Disk Utility".
Double click on that program, now select your hard drive in the left side, and there should be 1 partition, select it.
Now goto the tab that says "disk first aid."
and press "Repair Disk Permissions."

Go ahead and wait for this to be done, may take 2-15 minutes.
Now close everything down, and re open the print center.

Now try to add the printer.

Else, call the manufactorer of your printer.

Disk Utility in 10.2 has the repair permissions. If you don't have Jaguar (you have 10.1) then you need to download Repair Permissions which is a freeware. You should be able to find it at: www.versiontracker.com

There are some printers that think it is the default forever. If you continue to have problems you should download Print Center Repair... but depending on what version OS X you have depends on what version Print Center Repair you need.

Back