print from windows xp to mac

akubra91

Registered
I have set up a mac ibook running 10.4.11 as a print server. I want to be able to print with full printer (hp psc 1500) functionality (bonjour doesn't appear to allow that) from the xp box. I have set it up through CUPS on the mac. However, the XP box (it does see the printer) does nothing with the documents. They appear to be sitting there to be printed. I have the drivers installed on the xp box. Here is the link to the site where the directions are located, http://blog.codefront.net/2007/02/05/sharing-a-usb-printer-from-mac-os-x-to-windows/ I would need more guidance in unix to try the fix mentioned there.

Thanks.

Setup and share your printer as a generic PostScript (LaserWriter) printer. Access it from Windows as a PostScript (LaserWriter) printer. Your MacOS X Finder Help menu explains this better than anyone on this forum can. There are also numerous writeups on this forum already. If the Help menu is not clear enough, then take the time to search this forum for help sharing your Mac-connected printer with Windows.

Back