Print sharing

jotto4

Registered
forgive an ignorance in this post...

I am trying to use the printer sharing feature in 10.2. I have a PBG4 using Airport, connected through appletalk to imac dv which has an Epson C80 attached to it. (which I have tested and it prints marvelously) I have printer sharing checked on both machines. I tried to print a page from Word X on the PB to the C80 connected to the imac...no dice.

Am I doing something wrong?

so far, i am not impressed with 10.2 and its easy networking. my wireless/wired network has had to be restart more times today than in the past 4 month i have had it up. It has worked flawlessly all week until my update to 10.2 this morning.

Anyone else succeed with this printer task?

How about networking issues?

I believe there is a way to make CUPS do SMB printer sharing, so yes, it should be possible, and I know there are alot of people out there who are trying it so there should be some step by step directions on the web soon (if there isn't already).

I finally got my SMB connection to work at work. I have the only Mac there. I am able to connect my mac to all the windows servers/computers there, but I am unable to connect to my mac from my PC at my desk. I have all the sharing set up correctly, but each time i enter my Username and password it gives me an error.

I will try printing from my Mac to the PC network printers tomorrow and put a post up here with the results.

Back