Print Trouble Epsoncx5400 Adobe 7.0.3

refuge

Registered
I can print Adobe 5.0...pdfs..

But now that I am trying to use 7.0.3 I can no longer print on my Epson CX5400. It puts the print job in a line but never prints. I can operate everything just fine otherwise.

I have tried to download Adobe 7.0.5 but it doesn't like my server??? and will not complet the update??

MAC 10.3.9, Dual 2 GFz PowerPC G5
512 MB DDR SDRAM

Kept Adobe 5.0 email myself...slide the attachment to desktop and open with Adobe 5.0...nusance department!

Mary

Veljo said:
Is your print queue paused?

I'm new to this format so hang with me if I don't handle repsonse correctly at first.

Yes and I saw that..went into the printer utility and started jobs up. No print, than I deleted jobs and started again..it puts it back in the que and than doesn't even flicker. My small icon shows the printer with an explination mark. If I delete jobs I can print anything and everything EXCEPT from the Adobe PDF in 7.0.3 I note also that my "preview" does not support a "preview print".

My guess is that Adobe 7.0.3 does not support what ever print driver I have on board. Can't seem to download 7.0.5 since all of a sudden my server is not recognized???? AND I can't even figure out what I have to do to say update my print driver from Epson...I'm stuck

Thank you...got it...BUT the problem seems to remain. I cannot either PREVIEW a document formed from Adobe Reader 7.0.3 or print it. I went back and printed up a WORD document just fine..than pulled a PDF and slipped it into Reader 5.0 no problems. So is it that Reader doesn't recognize or support my Preview or my printer?

But super thanks for chiming in....

OK I'm now totally confused. I have updated to Tiger... and still no luck with Adobe Reader. It looks like it loads... but than come up with a window that tells me that the connection broke. The Adobe Download Manager will not load for me.

I have tried it through the site given...thank you. No go.. as I get the broken connection and no platform messages???????

So I can manuver with Reader 5. I certainly do not mind going out and buying the program if I have out streteched my "updates"

Is there something going on with the "shell" of Safari since the Preview format does not work for me in Reader 7. If I click on a link that is going to give me a PDF say on a web page.... I get the search for an application scenario and REader 5 isn't even "available"... so than even that link I can't shift over to desktop and open with 5...

Grrrrr....and feeling very stupid.

Mary

PDF file isn't created when you print to Adobe PDF Printer (Acrobat 7.0.1 on Mac OS X v10.4)

Issue

When you print to Adobe PDF Printer from any application, a PDF file isn't created and the printer dialog box shows a status of Jobs Stopped.

Details

You installed the Adobe Acrobat 7.0.1 update on Mac OS X v10.4.

In the Print dialog box, the Copies And Pages menu doesn't list PDF Options.

Solution: Remove and reinstall Acrobat 7.x, and then apply the Acrobat 7.0.5 update.

If you have Acrobat 7.0 -7.0.3, remove and reinstall Acrobat and then choose Help > Check For Updates Now to install the 7.0.5 update. Alternately, you can download the update from the Adobe website at www.adobe.com/support/downloads/ .

Background information

The Acrobat 7.0.1 update removes some of the Adobe PDF Printer files and prompts Acrobat to open the Detect And Repair dialog box the next time you start Acrobat. Even though you run this repair, some of the affected Adobe PDF Printer files aren't repaired and Adobe PDF Printer still can't create PDF files. Updating directly to 7.0.5 corrects the problem.

Sooo (and again thanks) I cannot use the Reader...until I have installed Acrobat..because they are perhaps NOT one and the same thing? I think I need to go out and purchase the Acrobat program rather than relying on the "updates" from my 5 READER. Or am I mistaken in this.

I have tried the above scenario and it does not load as an update....

Again not trying to get out of purchasing something....

Mary

Acrobat and Acrobat Reader are not the same. Acrobat Reader is a free limited version.

I would remove anything related to Acrobat from your system. Do a Search, (application support folder, preferences, etc. Then reinstall the latest version of Reader and see if it helps.

Back