Printer does not work in 10.1!

Saul

Registered
I have a Brother HL-1240. Under OS 10.04 it printed just fine. However, ever since I have set up 10.1, it does not print. I get error 1003 every single time I try to print, from any application. This is getting really annoying. Everything about the OS except for this is perfect. Any help would be appreciated.

Please, does anyone have any idea. It seems like it starts to spool data to my printer, the data light comes on for a split second and then I get an error message. I have not been able to print a single thing. This is really starting to bother me. Has anyone else had any problems printing? Could this be because the drivers are OS 10 and not 10.1 drivers?

Could be. If you can try to re-install the printer drivers from the 10.1 cd.
BTW do yu know if the HP deksjet 1220c has a driver in 10.1?/

best of luck:)

The problem is that there are no drivers for this printer on the 10.1 CD. Can anyone tell me where on the CD they would be?

My Lexmark Z53 also stopped working after updating to 10.1....I suspect many printers are going to require updated drivers.

Since the 10.1 update is not even "officially" released until tomorrow, it's a bit soon to start any large scale bitching about it....I suspect that in the next week we'll see many updates for 10.1 related driver issues - in fact, it has started already...Kensington tonight released updated drivers for their mice/trackballs.

Originally posted by Saul
I have a Brother HL-1240. Under OS 10.04 it printed just fine. However, ever since I have set up 10.1, it does not print. I get error 1003 every single time I try to print, from any application.

Though it probably isn't much consolation I have the network version of that printer and it works fine over ethernet under 10.1 (and before)

Maybe try deleting the printer and resetting it up through printer center. How do you have it connected to your machine?

I have it set up through USB. I've tried everything. I'm just going to wait for the updated driver to come out.

Saul,

If you haven't seen them, there is a folder named optional installs on the 10.1 update CD that has more print drivers to install. I haven't seen what's in there but it takes a good 15 minutes to install so there may be something you're looking for.

gronos

Back