printer drivers

heyriddle

Registered
Does anyone know if Epson or other printer manufacturers are planning on updates to their drivers soon after OS X is out? Not being able to print is pretty debilitating to an OS. (except if you have a laser printer :>)

Yes they will when the 24th roll around.. :)

the X final wil have a interim support for hp and other printer. So when you get the X Final then visit your printer vendor's site for their printer software for X to replace the built in interim support with the offical one which would be enchanced than the interim one.

B

Epson support replied to my request on a release date. They said that they are working on the drivers, but they do not have an acual release date. They told me to keep checking their web site every day to see if it posted.

In OS X final it was very simple to set up my Epson 740i. Transparently it recognized my printer (where did it store the driver?) and prints as expected from AppleWorks etc.
As for what drivers are initially covered, I have no idea.
Good Luck!

OS X quickly recognized my HP Laserjet but it said "unsupported" That's great, I can't print.

I hope PowerPrint releases an OS X version of their software.

My Epson 580 shows as unsupported too.. it BETTER work, I paid 60 whole dollars for this printer!

Yeah they are still a temporary supports by Apple, it is inside the library folders .. it is not enhanced like the real thing.. please do check with either HP or Espons webstie for offical release.. that's why Apple decided to include those support althought those cames from tioga.sdk on apple developer connect and they are basically same thing..

Cheers..

Boult

And it appears that the Color Stylus 600 didn't make the cut, either. Are any of the supported printers serial, or are they all USB?

You said that epson had released printer drivers on the iDisk but they aren't there. They're not on Epson's website either, what gives? Is my iDisk just faulty? If so, could you email me the drivers? My addy is talikan@{remove this}mac.com. Sorry the brackets are to kill addy sniffers.

You said that epson had released printer drivers on the iDisk but they aren't there. They're not on Epson's website either, what gives? Is my iDisk just faulty? If so, could you email me the drivers? My addy is talikan@{remove this}mac.com. Sorry the brackets are to kill addy sniffers.

Read the news duh!! it was there before and by the time Apple reorganized the iDisk and iTools, those drivers were gone.. If you go to www.apple.com/macosx/ and go to software listing and you will see a picture telling you to check your idisk for printer drivers.. I do not have any driver to send you..

Otherwise the reason it disappeared is that Apple pulled it off after realizing that those driver are the same thing that was included in the Mac OS X.

Not my fault that they were gone.. Otheriwise check your printer's vendors' website as always..

Cheers!

Back