Printer Monitor Not Enough Memory to Print ?

ralphiedee

Registered
OK, I have someones G4 MDD that came from a network in an office. The network has two Macs, this one and a Quicksilver connected to a Zerox printer thru USB sharing. I removed the unit out of the office and have it with me so I could add memory, had 512 now has 1G. Had some corrupted files which are now working but I opened a small email document and tried to print it and with no printer connected I get the same message, so I first allocated more memory to the Printer Monitor (no change) then tried to increase vert memory but this is now greyed out because there is a gig in there now. Is it possible the message has to do with the USB configuration? I looked in the chooser and don't see the printer there but the printer icon is on the desktop with a queue as I can see the doc inside.

any help?

If the printer is not available in the chooser, the printer is not available to the system. The icon on the desktop is just an icon, without a printer available it will do exactly what is does now, just show and make a queue available.

First make the printer available under chooser and if that is not enough, change the properties for the desktop printer icon, so it is linked again to the printer again. For the computer, the printer is offline and printing will resume as soon as your printer becomes available.

Good luck, Kees

Back