Printer problem

PaulHigg

Grounded by depression
I have a Canon Pixma i1600 printer. I also have an HP 3845 printer. I ran out of ink on the Canon printer so I installed the HP drivers for the HP 3845. After doing this I now have a problem. I no longer have the selection of economy mode on the Canon. All I have is the standard mode.

I deleted all printers and the .plist files and rebooted and then installed the newest driver from Canon. I still do not have an economy mode selection.

How do I delete old unused printers from the Devices pane in the ColorSync utility?

Thanks for any help.

Paul

Can you choose the Canon as your default printer and have the setting reappear again? You can delete old printers right in Print Center...

I tried all that and nothing. No economy mode and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to delete the printers from the "Device" in ColorSync.

Paul

I usually just do a search for all "canon" files and move them to a CANON folder directly in my hard drive and away from any preference or plist locations.

I wonder if when you downloaded the new driver the economy feature was one of the things that was removed by Canon? Or it's not available because your ink is low?

(Looking through the support page for your product here: http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=SupportDetailAct&fcategoryid=257&modelid=11642)

Well, it may have been deleted by Canon but I doubt it because I deleted ALL files using spotlight then installed the original driver and still no economy mode. Also, I have two brand new full cartridges.

Try turning off your mac. Turn off the printer. Restart mac. Delete Canon printer in Print Center. Then turn on the printer and add it again to your printer list in Print Center. Hopefully the feature will come back.

I tried all that and nothing. No economy mode and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to delete the printers from the "Device" in ColorSync.

Paul

Why do you want to do this?

Have you repaired permissions yet? (Apps/Utilities/Disk Utility/Repair Permissions).

Back