Printer sharing between XP SP2 and OSX 10.4.3

btpcTVODnJ

Registered
I am trying to share an HP PSC 2410 connected to my XP SP2 machine. The XP machine is connected wirelessly to a router. I have a Powerbook 12" laptop running tiger 10.4.3 and would like to share the printer. When I lookup the printer on the mac I can find the PSC 2410 but when I try to print it will not send the document correctly. I am using the generic driver because my mac does not have the exact PSC 2410 driver.

What would be your recommendation for making this configuration work?

Does anyone know if other HP drivers will work for the printer?

Thank you!

'I am using the generic driver because my mac does not have the exact PSC 2410 driver.' ... 'What would be your recommendation for making this configuration work?' ... 'Does anyone know if other HP drivers will work for the printer?', HP does have the 'HP All-in-One printing only web installer for MacOS X v10.2.8, v10.3, and v10.4' 'HPPrintOSX.dmg' file (14.25 MB in size), which can be downloaded by clicking here.

Unfortunately, HP does not provide CUPS drivers for its non-postscript printers. CUPS drivers (or a postscript printer) are required to print via a network.
Free CUPS drivers are available from: http://www.linuxprinting.org/macosx/hpijs/
(you need both parts)

Good luck.

(non-CUPS drivers print only to the protocol that was written into the driver - like USB)

hpijs and ESP ghostscript are the two parts.
ghostscript is the printer driver and hpijs-foomatic is the printer model/PPD definition part.

Back