printing 4x6 photos on 4x6 photo paper

chicodoggy

machead since 91
Help. I can't seem to figure out how to print 4x6 photos on photo paper.

I want to print from iphoto to an Epson C80. Running Jaguar.

Thanks!

If I understand you correctly, you want to print onto 4x6 roll photo paper on the epson. Right?

Well in my experience I have not been able to print to the 4x paper unless i was using os9 and the software that came with the Epson printer.

I hope someone else knows otherwise...

One other thing to note is the crappy drivers for X that epson has. I have a Stylus Photo 820 that does borderless too...but not in X with the driver that epson created. I can do it in 9 no prob, but if I don't want to switch to 9 to do this, I resort to GIMP Print. A set of Unix (I think) printer drivers that work great.

Go to Version Tracker and look for it. It installs rather oddly, so make sure you read the install directions. But it is totally worth it.

Later,
Eddie

I haven't been able to be able to print to borderless paper (4x6 or 8x10) on my Epson 785EPX Printer through OS X.... (not even with Gimp Print) it prints normally from OS X as long as you don't expect "borderless". :mad:

I kept OS 9 to boot classic from OS X, and use a program called Film Factory that came with the Printer CD, so whatever I want to print to borderless paper - I just import the graphic to that program and print no problem.

But I know it's an extra step that no one wants to do!

BTW, heathpitts - I don't think the C80s have Roll Paper, I think he just means normal "4x6" borderless sheets.

thanks for the input. I will try to print somehow in os9 i guess. I am trying to print to 4x6 glossy photo paper.

Back