printing from Classic on Panther

cabbage

Registered
This may seem like a stupid question but in Jaguar I think when I setup my OS X printers somehow Classic saw them too. Printing from a Classic app was magically tunnelled thru the OS X printers.

Now in Panther I'm not getting the same thing. It says I have to go thru Chooser and setup the exact same printers. Which means I need OS 9 PPD's and OS X PPD's. Is it suppose to be this way or is my system screwed up?

If my system is screwed up anyone have any ideas on how I can fix it?

In Classic, go to the chooser and select your printer - (make sure your printer is on)... it should work smoothly.

Smoothly?

I already installed the 18 printers and 18 PPD's. Now I have to do it all again - on 150 Macs. That's not smooth at all.

What files do I need to copy from the System Folder so that I only need to set the printers up in Classic on one Mac. Then I can copy those files over to the other 149 Macs.

The printers should still be there. Open the OS 9 system folder and check the Extensions folder. Your printers should be there.

Then all you need to do is go to the chooser and select it. Once that is done, it should remember your settings.

Back