Printing: From iMac to HP All in One via Windows XP

mr. k

Registered
Hey folks, I got a new printer yesterday - a HP PSC 2175. I wanted to set it up in place of the old HP DeskJet 930c I had on my network, and for right now the easy way to do that is to connect it to the PC and configure the the mac to use it with SAMBA.

I had this working just fine with the old HP, I had configured it via CUPS (localhost:631). In panther the CUPS functionality is hidden away in Printer Setup Utility, it is under "Advanced" if you hold down option while you click on add printer.

Jaguar didn't come with the right driver for the printer (over cups w/ samba), so I installed the hpijs driver package, which does include the driver. I've configured the printer via the Printer setup utility, but it always refuses to print.

I can also configure the printer through the Windows Printing interface of Printer Setup Utility, but all it saves me is typing in the smb:// address of the printer and I just end up with the same results.

Anyone know anything about printing through to windows that can help me? I'm real stuck, and have been working on this for awhile.

Back