printing problem after update to 9.2.2

bounser01

Registered
We just installed OSX and had to update OS 9 from 9.0.4 to 9.2.2 to work in classic. After doing so I cant print in either Classic or if I boot up in 9. All printers show up in chooser but when going to page setup or print it just errors out. That was in freehand, when in acrobat it said I needed to chose a printer from chooser when I already did. I tried the apple and option keys but still nothing.

There may be updated drivers for your printer and os 9.2. Check at the printer manufacturer's web site for downloads.

this is for 3 different printers. A HP colorlaser 4500, hp laser 4, and an epson 4000 multimedia printer and none of them are doing anything. I dont think the laser 4 has been updated for a long time.but I will check it out.

when you go to print or page setup it says "error unable to perform action" or something very similar. and again in acrobat it claims I havent chosen a printer in chooser when I have.

Maybe you just have to reconnect your printers using your desktop printers? It could be with the update your computers just forgot where their printers are. If you set them up again, that might restore your printer connection.

Keep us posted. :)

I got down to the G4 today and tried updating drivers and deleting desktop printer and recreating them but nothing. I am getting a error -19,880 when i try printing natively in OS 9 and it just errors out in classic when in OSX

I was looking at those but I couldnt find -19,880 I also was looking to see if is was -19 with a sub category of 880. how do you decode the errors. yea the printers are operational we have two other G5s that print fine and this one was printing fine until upgrading from 9.0.4 to 9.2.2. yea they are network printers with IPs.

They are a bit cryptic. I couldn't actually find 19800 myself.

Could you tell us more about how your printers are connected to your computers?

I kept searching around and found someone that had an identical problem and found it was an extensions issue. I set the extensions to base and it worked. The advertising director is going to be oh so happy.

Back