Printing problem/Word/HP printer

schafer

Registered
I've been printing find from my classic Word software but suddenly can't print. I use OS 10.3.5, powerPC G4. have new HP psc1200 but it has been working.

Have restarted, closed, opened program, highlighted printer in Classic chooser but still can't print. I can print, however, from email, TextEdit, and InDesign software. Is it aincompatibility issue with Classic?

Is there a fix? Any help will be appreciated.

Tina

This is posted somewhere on the HP site. Your multifunction printer uses software in the background (is it HP Communications?) that continually listens to USB, waiting for a scan or fax. This prevents Classic from accessing USB. You can go into Activity Monitor and kill this program, and immediately go to Classic and be able to print.

Thanks for the suggestion. It was news to me. I did as you suggested. I opened Word, tried to print, got the same error, went to Activity Monitor,had to force quit it, went back to Word but still got an error.

Before that I reinstalled HP driver. I also made sure HP (the only printer on my system) was selected and set up in Chooser.

This is a recent problem. I was able to print last week.

Thanks for your help but hope to get more suggestions.

Tina

Tried to fix with all suggestions on HP site... nothing worked. Now only use Word in Classic and can print out of there. Thanks for all your help.

Back