printing problems from parallel program

cconlon

Registered
I am running windows XP in a parallel program on a MAC OS X 10.4. I am unable to print from the windows side. The printer (hp officejet 5510) works fine from the mac side as well as two PCs set up in the network. I have tried loading the printer on the windows side as well as downloading the bonjour for windows program. It seems to see the hp printer but aborts all printing attempts....?

I am experiencing exactly the same problem, but using an HP laserjet 4 and mac os 10.9. I understand it is a know problem on the Windows XP side. Have not solved it yet but on google type:
WINDOWS XP PARALLEL PRINTER PROBLEMS

will bring you to a page with some troubleshooting hints

I'm having the same kind of issue with my Mac/Parallels/WinowsXP...

I have three printers that all work fine in OS X attached to my Mac in the following ways:

GCC Elite XL 20/1200 laser printer - ethernet
Epson Stylus Photo 2200 inkjet - firewire
HP Photosmart D5160 inkjet - USB

After loading Parallels and Windows XP I get the following problem.

Only the HP shows up under the Devices menu in the USB side bar - but when I try to instal the driver in Windows i get this message:

"USB device you are trying to connect to the virtual machine is being used by another process. Wait 5-10 seconds, then try to connect the device again. If this does not help, find the application that blocked up the device and disconnect it manually."

huh?

I have downloaded the driver for the GCC and gone through the Windows set-up wizard but since it is connected to the Mac through ethernet - the only option seems to be setting up standard port with the TCP/IP address - yet it isn't communicating with the printer. The files i want to print are spooled - but I just get an error - as if it can't find the specified printer.

I haven't yet tried to load the driver for the Epson - as it looks like Windows is unaware of firewire devices anyway.

All of these printer are working fine in the Mac OS - so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ok -I've finally gotten both inkjets to work. Upgraded Parallels to the latest version and they both are recognized - though I had to move the Epson from Firewire to USB.

Still having trouble getting anything going with the Laser printer connected through the ethernet. i'v gone through the GCC setup docs and set new TCP/IP addresses in both the printer as well as the driver config. just as directed and still nothing. The printer is showing up in the Printers and Faxes window and it has the latest drivers installed - but still nothing but an error message when I try to print - even from the Note Pad.

Back