Printing Problems

SevenK

Registered
I have some strange printing problems in Office and FileMaker. My G4/876 running 5P48 won’t print to any of my TCP/IP-printers or to AppleTalk-Printers. It will print blank pages from Word though but nothing with any text in it. PrintCentre.app works fine opens shows the progress of the job but nothing coming out of either HP2100 NT or our Minolta 911P with Fiery rip. If I check the error protocol it will give me an undefined error saying something like problems with “get” with some –dictionary- (which I can not find anywhere), I suppose is a problem sending the fonts to the printer. But it does not matter what type of font I will try to use it won’t print from Arial TrueType to Type 1 Postscript fonts. I am also using Suitcase 10.1 to handle my fonts. Here it also doesn’t matter if I remove all fonts or even the whole pref folder and try just to have the system fonts loaded. No printing. I checked permissions on the fonts, all are set I guess correctly, to me the owner and unknown- and world-group to have all permissions. Any idea what this could be? I also had reinstalled from formatting up and somehow first it works and all of a sudden it wouldn’t work anymore. Even though I really can’t tell at what point of installing my software it will stop printing. Also strange is that my PowerBook 333 running almost the exact configuration will print with no problem at all. Plus my 876 will print from other .apps like Textedit with no problem. Any idea.

Are you connected using an Airport card?

I just fixed one of the computers today that had problems with AppleTalk in Classic and the Airport card. These problems only occurred in Classic and not 10.

No it is no related to an Airport-Card. It's a regular 100BaseT network and the problem is only with Office vX and FileMakerPro. Textedit does print. I guess it must have something to do with Suitcase 10.1. But I have not figured it out yet.

Back