Printing through a Windows PC - Epson Stylus R300

recklesspoet

Registered
I would like to print through a Windows PC (running 2000) on an Epson Stylus Photo R300.

I am running 10.4.2, the only Mac in an office of PCs, and it can recognize every other printer in the network, HP Laserjets and Deskjets. But we have hooked up this new printer to the PC and clicked on "share printer," verified that other PC's can indeed print on it, and even still my Mac cannot even recognize its existence.

Only the Gimp-Print driver will work, but you should have it on Tiger.
Did you click More Printers and select Windows Printing?

I am also having this problem. I am trying to use an HP printer that is connected to a computer running XP, and it doesn't even recognize that printer. The other PC on my network can print fine, but my Mac can't see it.

I have tried clicking on "More Printers" and selecting "Windows Printing," then navigating to the correct computer. The list of all the computers on the network shows up, and the ones with printers seem to all be showing up except for this one.

I wonder if it's a networking problem rather than print-monitoring?

Is this something bonjour can help? I don't understand bonjour.

OK. I found the printer on the network. What I did was I manually went into the keychain and erased my connection to that computer, reset the password from the computer itself, and erased all my printers from the printer setup utility. Once I did all that the printer showed up.

HOWEVER, NOW I cannot print properly anything. It comes out as gobbledy-gook, what kind of file it was and whatnot.

I tried erasing all EPSON print files, and reinstalling the most updated driver from epson.com. However, I don't think I can USE this driver unless directly connected.

I tried printing directly earlier, and there is no problem. It's only trying to print through the network where I come into difficulty.

Well, thanks for the help. When it's all said and done, I think I'll plug the printer into my computer, and let the Windows computers that need it print through me, which is probably easier to set up.

Too bad this wasn't easier!

Back