Printing to a laserjet on a network.... Help please.

aderrington

Registered
Hi. I've recently come back to apple mac's, however before my new G4 ibook, i had a few pc's set up on a network, i've still got them and i want to add my ibook to the network, i've got most of it working, however my laserjet 4M plus which has a print server installed in it, which works perfectly with the pc's doesn't want to work with my new ibook.
My ibook is connected via airport to a linksys access point, and that to the router, which in the connected to the laserjet. I can Ping the router and it all seems fine, but getting it to print just isn't happening. Got any suggestions? I've been to HP's site and they don't seem to be much help.

When i start to print, it just says "network host '10.0.0.20' is busy; will retry in 30 seconds..."

Any thoughts?
Any help would be welcome!
Thank you.

JD

I have a similar problem..

My HP Laserjet 1010 is currently connected via USB to a desktop computer operating on Windows XP. This is also connected to a wireless network through which several Windows laptops have no problem printing. However, I can't print anything using my Macbook (Mac OS X version 10.4.11) through the wireless network. I am certain that my Macbook is connected to the network because I can access the internet and files from other computers on the network. My Macbook can detect the HP Laserjet 1010 but when i try to print, it says "Connection failed with error NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL" and eventually.. "Unable to connect to SAMBA host, will retry in 60seconds...ERROR: Connection failed with error". I've also downloaded the Bonjour program on the desktop and programs HPIJS, Footmatic and Ghostwriter on my Macbook as recommended in some online forums but I'm still having the same problems.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Samba isn't related to using a print server --
This is about the print server and IP printing:
What print server is it?
There is more than one IP printing protocol. For LPD and IPP, part of the protocol is that you use a queue name to specify which printer port the printer is at (yes, even though yours has only one port - the protocol was designed to serve more than one). You should be able to find the port name (same as queue name) in the print server manual. The third IP protocol on OS X is HP jetdirect. It uses a port number to distinguish ports, and assumes port 9100 (called raw port 9100 on Windows). It doesn't need a queue name for this reason.

If you want more help, tell us the print server model.

Back