printing to PDF - large page size

Aussie John

Registered
I want to create a pdf file where the page is larger than my printer will support.
Is there any way can do this - say with a virtual printer?
Thanks

if going through acrobat reader, you should have the option:

"Shrink oversized pages to paper size"

but that's in windows's version of Acrobat Reader... although it should be the same...

Originally posted by Aussie John
sorry for the confusion- I have edited my original post. I need to create a pdf not print one.

i know what you're talking about. depending on the application, set the page size to the size you want to create a pdf to. i don't normally do this (i create a postscript file and distill it to get my pdf). if your ppd does not allow you to change the page size, you'll need to get one that does.

kafene

btw, are you doing all this is native osx? as i've never done it in osx, but os9. i would think the process would be the same.

Originally posted by kafene

if your ppd does not allow you to change the page size, you'll need to get one that does.
Now there is the problem as I dont know of a PPD that will let me select a large paper size (A1) in OSX.

In OS9 was easy as the PDF writer allowed custom page sizes

Now there is the problem as I dont know of a PPD that will let me select a large paper size (A1) in OSX.

In OS9 was easy as the PDF writer allowed custom page sizes

i haven't had much experience printing anything (to a printer or .ps file) in osx. do you know if ppd's from osx would work in osx also?

kafene.

i dont think so hence original problems ppl having without drivers for their printers

in that case, i better start looking too, before it becomes a problem for me later..

kafene.:confused:

btw, couldn't you create the pdf's using classic, like the way you were doing before?

Back