Printing with OS X

GanzoLoco

Registered
I'm using OS X Beta now... I can't get the computer to recognize my printer. Print Center asks me to add a new printer, so I select USB mode, but it doesn't think to do anything.
Has Apple deactivated USB support? Do I need a brand new driver from Epson? Or else?
Thanks...
(Configuration: iMac DV SE 400, Epson 740, and MacOS X Beta)

You may be able to print from classic if you can still select your printer in the classic chooser; if that's the case you can do a print preview in X and then save the result as a PDF file, then open acrobat reader in classic and print from there. Personally i haven't had any such luck, so I have to reboot to OS 9 in order to print (I also have an Epson 740). Currently the only way to print from X natively is if the printer company have X drivers made... realistically it's limited at the moment to network printers that use the Laserwriter 8 drivers.

Who can help?
I´m using OS X on a 333 MHz iMac with a old Apple Laser-Writer. It´s connected with Ethernet and LocalTalk-Bridge. The System recognizes the printer but it does not transfer the data to the printer. It´s also not possible to print out from Classic applications.

Originally posted by The German
Who can help?
I´m using OS X on a 333 MHz iMac with a old Apple Laser-Writer. It´s connected with Ethernet and LocalTalk-Bridge. The System recognizes the printer but it does not transfer the data to the printer. It´s also not possible to print out from Classic applications.

Which LaserWriter is it? That will help us figure out if it's one that's even supported.

Back