printing ...

wnowak1

Registered
I have the Samsung CLP-500N printer that is networked and available on both my mac and my Windows PC.

When I try to print 250 copies, as an example, a 5.7mb pdf file, pinting on the mac takes an extremely long time to spool. It will take over an hour before the printer actually starts printing. On Windows, 30 seconds after I click print, the printer kicks off. The same problem persisted under panther. ( tiger is a clean install ). Any suggestions?

System Specs:
Dual 2 GHz G5
2 GB RAM

What print driver are you using and how is the printer "networked" (ethernet for itself, 3rd party print server, shared off another machine, etc.)?

mdnky said:
What print driver are you using and how is the printer "networked" (ethernet for itself, 3rd party print server, shared off another machine, etc.)?

Thanks for responding.

The driver I'm using is:
MAC OS: CLP-500N Mac OS 10.3 or Higher (ver.1.00)

The printer is connected directly to my switch ( netgear 10/100 ). No print server, not shared off another pc, and no 3rd party print servers.

Have you contacted Samsung and asked them about it? Also, you might want to double check the settings of the printer and in OS X (assuming you're using IP Printing). Something might be conflicting there...but that's a real long shot.

Back