Problem accessing Web Server

bighog

Registered
I am using a Linksys Cable router to get access to my machine as well as running Apache on my machine. Recently I had to change my WAN settings from STATIC to DHCP. As soon as I did this I could no longer access my Web server. The problem appears to be that when I try to access the localhost it tries to resolve the name.
Is their anyway to always force OS X to look at the local machine instead of trying to resolve the domain. Or even resolve the domain in the LAN before leaving the LAN?

Originally posted by bighog
I am using a Linksys Cable router to get access to my machine as well as running Apache on my machine. Recently I had to change my WAN settings from STATIC to DHCP. As soon as I did this I could no longer access my Web server. The problem appears to be that when I try to access the localhost it tries to resolve the name.
Is their anyway to always force OS X to look at the local machine instead of trying to resolve the domain. Or even resolve the domain in the LAN before leaving the LAN?

Try http://127.0.0.1/

For anyone interested, there is an update for the linksys routers which fix this now so a workaround is not really needed andymore.

Thanks anyways, and by the way answering \"try 127.0.0.1\" says a lot more about what you know than you can imagine.

See Yah

Back