Problem after downloading iCal

oldmacuser

Registered
I downloaded iCal from the Apple site and it mounted on my desktop as "iCal.dmg." When I double click on it I get the following message: '"iCal.dmg" failed to mount due to error -39 (No such file or directory).' If I try to move it to Trash I get the following message: 'The item "iCal.dmg" is being used by another task right now. (Other tasks include moving, copying, or emptying the trash.) Try again when the other task is complete.' I'm not doing any of those tasks. If I restart I still get the same message, Anyone know how to get this thing into the trash so I can get rid of it.

Many thanks for any help or suggestions.

Log out then back in and trash it. The files was either corrupt or incomplete. Download it again.

Don't hold your breath though ... I've installed it onto 3 different systems now and it unexpectedly quits on all 3! One of the systems (an iBook) has nothing but OSX 10.2 and iTunes on it. What gives?

I downloaded and installed with no problems on a G4/466/896MB Ram/OSX.2.

I guess it does all it's supposed to do, but I was hoping to be able to keep daily records on it? Is there any way to do that?:confused:

Matt

Logging out and back in did not work so I booted into OS 9.2.2 on another disc and dragged the offending file from the OS 10 disc desktop into the trash and voila! that that got rid of it. Thanks to those that posted. After reading a few other posts I think I going to wait till iCal is a little more mature. I still making do with an old Now Date Book Pro Calendar that came with OS 7.1 on a Performa 6400. It still works under classic!

My problem was with a missing font needed to run iCal. Fixed and running...

I was hoping to be able to keep daily records on it? Is there any way to do that?

What sort of records?

Back