problem burning cd

kweston

Registered
I'm trying to burn a jpg image onto a cd. The image was altered in Aperture and is only 620KB.
The cd is a memorex CD-RW 4x /700mb /80min.
Here are the error messages:
1) This disc did not verify correctly and is unreliable. Because this disc is unreliable, discard it and try again using a new, blank disc. (Error code 0x80020063)

I've tried all 5 discs and none work.

2)Sorry, the operation could not be completed because an unexpected error occurred (Error code 0x8002006D).

Please help.

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion. How do I do a full format? In Disk Utility the only options I see are First Aid, Erase, Partition and Restore. I tried erasing the disk, but the same thing happened when I tried to burn an image on it.
Am I in the wrong menu for formating?

K.

No, that's the right thing to do. There should be an option to check whether to do a full erase or a quick erase.

You did not say what software you were using to burn the CD, nor whether the CD drive was an internal Mac drive.

It is possible if it is an external drive that there is a cabling issue. Unplug everything, turn off the drive, restart and use different ports on the back of drive and the mac and if possible a different cable.

I have also had it where Toast/external drive just seem to be having a bad day. A shut down, rest and restart sometimes clears whatever the issue was.

Another possibility is a batch of bad CDs. Switch to another pack/manufacturer of CD/DVDs.

You can also try a slower write speed if your software allows this. It maybe trying to write faster than the CD is capable of.

I'm trying to burn a jpg image onto a cd. The image was altered in Aperture and is only 620KB.
The cd is a memorex CD-RW 4x /700mb /80min.
Here are the error messages:(Error code 0x8002006D).

That error code is widespread and is associated with bad or incompatible media (ie. your brand of CD). You can read more about it here: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=1738737
And don't try to format the CD, it's not relevant.

The question about what CD burner you're using, what software and the burn speed are relevant. For a jpg image, maximum speed would be okay, but for data-intense items like music, slower is better.

Post again if you want more advice about CD burners, good software, good media etc. :)

Hi again.
The CD burner I'm using is the one that came built into my imac. The discs I have seem like they should be supported by the system, and I know they are usable because I finally broke down and used my PC to burn the image. (You don't know how much it hurts to say that my PC was able to do something my mac was not!). I guess it will just remain a mystery because I was able to use a different brand disc for something else and it worked just fine. Thanks for your help.

Back