Problem making a bootable disk on OX 10.3

Hydroglow

Registered
Ok so my diskwarrior disk is shot but I saved all the info on my harddrive. Now what I want to do is to burn it on a cd and boot off it. I have Toast 6.0.3 but there's no option of making it bootable. How do I go about doing this.

It's probably really simple but I'm really tired. :(

If your DW CD is shot, how did you save the contents to your drive?

If you actually copied the DW CD by dragging the CD icon to your drive, then look in the Toast Help menu for Recording a Disc in Mac Volume Format and follow the instructions there.

This will only be bootable if you have an exact copy of the DW CD.

bobw said:
If your DW CD is shot, how did you save the contents to your drive?

If you actually copied the DW CD by dragging the CD icon to your drive, then look in the Toast Help menu for {b}Recording a Disc in Mac Volume Format[/b] and follow the instructions there.

This will only be bootable if you have an exact copy of the DW CD.

I installed it before the cd was smashed. I just want to be able to take the data and slap it on a cd. I tried copying the OSX 10.3 system folder on the same disk as Diskwarrior but it was a no go. Does anyone have any tips on how I should go about doing this?

bobw said:
Ok, so post your method, step by step for the rest of us dummies :)

please

I made a bootable X (Jaguar) disk with BootCD.

Check out the developer's site (Pacifist is also really handy):

http://www.charlessoft.com/

or search for it on versiontracker.com or macupdate.com to see users' experiences.

No, BootCD doesn't do Panther.

Erik

bobw said:
Ok, so post your method, step by step for the rest of us dummies :)

please

Haha I forgot about this post. Sorry. All I did was made a image in the disk image tool app. Then dragged the files into the newly made image and clicked burn.

Works everytime.

erikv11 said:
I made a bootable X (Jaguar) disk with BootCD.

Check out the developer's site (Pacifist is also really handy):

http://www.charlessoft.com/

or search for it on versiontracker.com or macupdate.com to see users' experiences.

No, BootCD doesn't do Panther.

Erik

I know the password for the BootCD is 'bootcd', but what do you use for a login name? I am being asked for a login name and then the password. My current name I have set up for my main account isnt working.
Anyone?

Back