Problem Opening .bin File !!

gagas307

Registered
Help Anyone! I Just Switched From Pc (only 5 Days Ago) And I Am A Newbie!! I Downloaded Warcraft 3 Patch From Blizzard Which Was A Bin File.my System (tiger 10.4) Opened It With Roxio Toast It 6.it Did Nothing But Burned The Same File On A Cd.then I Tried To Open It With Stuffit Expander 10 And It Crashed And Never Opens Again! Help I Am In Deep Trouble.i Cannot Open Sit Archives Anymore Nor Deal With Bin Files!!!! Any Help Really Appreciated With BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

Unnecessary capitals removed.

'I downloaded Warcraft 3 patch from Blizzard which was a bin file', but - you failed to provide the web site's URL. Are we to assume you are referring to this web page?

'Opened it with Roxio Toast', no - it did not. Someone assigned 'Toast' to handle '.bin' files. Also, 'StuffIt Expander' v. 9.x is a better choice.

'Did nothing but burned the same file on a CD', someone instructed 'Toast' to burn the same file onto the CD.

If you believe the downloaded '.bin' file is corrupt, etc. - trash it and download it again. This time, (do not double click on it) drag the '.bin' file onto 'StuffIt Expander'.

If 'StuffIt Expander' cannot open the '.sit' files - what error message(s) does it display?

Read the board rules, too. Just a side note.

barhar: I think he meant StuffIt Expander doesn't open anymore. So I guess _that's_ the reason why he can't unstuff things. And probably, in this case, there are no error messages, if the app doesn't really open.

gagas307 - is fryke's assesment correct?, if so - please reply stating such.
Thus, we will go down different paths of possible 'StuffIt Expander' problem solutions; and, not '.bin' and / or '.sit' paths of possible specific problem solutions.

Hey Barhar and Fryke! Thanks for your time focsing on my problem! My stuffit expander 10 has stopped working and keeps crashing all the time.Today i installed stuffit deluxe 9 and it worked.so the sit problem got solved.i still didn't know how to open bin files so i searched and came across Binjugglercm. AND FINALLY I WAS ABLE TO DECODE THE BIN FILE AND INSTALLED THE WARCRAFT 3 PATCH SUCCESSFULLY!!!! as for roxio toast it i left it in the trash. he he he

Back