Problem playing You tube videos.

silvermine

Registered
I'm using a Mac 10.6.5 and Safari 5.0.3.

Recently, I am able to play YouTube videos if they are on secondary websites, or in emails, but not on the YouTube main site.
When the video page opens on the YouTube website, it is black. It does not play. Error on bottom of page is "One error in opening the page. For more information, choose Window>Activity.
Opening the 'Windows > Activity' screen, it says "http://s.ytimg.com/yt/swf/watch-vfl180098.swf"---- not found. I am unable to find this problem in a search.
I have made sure the latest versions of Flash and Shockwave are installed.
Can you help me?

OK, I have reinstalled the flash player (again) and am still getting the same result.
"http://s.ytimg.com/yt/swf/watch-vfl180098.swf"---- not found.
I am seeing that some (not all) of the videos are playing with audio only.
Out of curiosity, I tried downloading these audio only videos using my RealPlayer Downloader. The video plays fine on this player.

Last edited:
I don't have either of them, but I will try to do as you ask. Thanks for the reply. This is a very frustrating problem.:(

Ok, I have downloaded Firefox and the videos play fine there. Also, I have Bootcamp and they play there as well.

The only thing I can think of is - awhile back I added something that blacks out everything else on You Tube's page when the video is opened. But the the problem did not start at that time. Only recently - I'd say months after this change. I do not know where this change is located.
Here is a peek at my "plug-in" page.

plugins.jpg

Attachments

• plugins.jpg
    plugins.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 8
You could delete that package by dropping it's application onto a deinstaller like the free AppCleaner. Just have you browser closed when you uninstall the application "plugin".

I cannot get this cleaner to accept anything.

I need to uninstall all these plug ins? Putting them in the trash does not do the same thing? If I only knew which g.d. app is responsible!!

Last edited:
Well the plugins are either in /YourHardDrive/Library/Internet-Plugins/ or in /YourHardDrive/Users/YouUserName/Library/internet-Plugins/. Check in those places and see if you can get rid of the plugins.

Yes. Just have all your Browsers closed when you do this. Just remove the ones you no longer want.

Back