Problem printing after Snow Leopard upgrade

Adam1440

Registered
Apologies if this has been covered before, but I couldn't find an answer on a search.

I upgraded to Snow Leopard from Tiger (in order to be able to sync with a new iPhone 4s) and now I can't print to my old (but perfect) HP Laserjet 2100M.

This old printer has no ethernet port so I use a Farallon Ethermac iPrint adapter which sits between my MacBook Pro and the printer. The iPrint adapter is also connected by ethernet cable to my wireless router which allows me to print wirelessly if I wish.

However, since upgrading my OS my printer is not recognized. I've tried adding a printer and have used the LPD protocol (rather than the HP Jetdirect Socket option) and I have selected the correct printer driver (rather than leaving it on the Generic Postscript driver - although I have tried that too). I've tried assigning an IP address - everything between .2 and .10 (there are no other computers on the network) as 192.168.0.1 is used by my router, but none of them work.

I've also tried connecting by Ethernet cable directly to the iPrint adapter (and cutting out the router altogether) but this doesn't work either.

Anyone had a similar problem? Any suggestions? Everything else is working fine since the upgrade but this is driving me insane.

The iPrint device is an appletalk-only device. It can't have an IP address. OS X can't print through it (after Tiger 10.4). Cheapest alternative - get a USB-parallel adapter cable. Best long term solution - get a parallel-port print server (TCP/IP type).

Back