Problem uninstalling/installing MySQL on Tiger

freaky

OSXer
I'm trying to get MySQL working on my Mac running Tiger. I believe it was installed before then I tried running the Mac installer from the MySQL site. Even though there is not process for mysql or mysqld and there are no directories in /usr/local named mysql, it doesn't install properly. It keeps thinking that I want to upgrade then when I run the script it doesn't install the MySQL tables so it won 't start properly.

Can someone tell me how to make sure that everything relating to MySQL is compeletely off the computer so I can install it like it's never been installed before?

freaky said:
I'm trying to get MySQL working on my Mac running Tiger. I believe it was installed before then I tried running the Mac installer from the MySQL site. Even though there is not process for mysql or mysqld and there are no directories in /usr/local named mysql, it doesn't install properly. It keeps thinking that I want to upgrade then when I run the script it doesn't install the MySQL tables so it won 't start properly.

Can someone tell me how to make sure that everything relating to MySQL is compeletely off the computer so I can install it like it's never been installed before?
Look in /Macintosh HD/Library/Receipts/ and ~/Library/Receipts/. Having not installed MySQL, I don't know the exact name, but it should be something like MySQL.pkg. Better yet, use Spotlight to find files whose name includes the term MySQL, the extension .pkg, and resides in one of your Receipts folders. Remove these files. Now rerun the installer.

Back