Problem upgrading to OS 10.4.2

deckcreations

Registered
I currently run OS 10.4.10 on my iMac and would like to upgrade to OS 10.4.2.
When I get to the section that asks to 'Select a Destination' I select the Mac HD but it has a red stop sign with exclamation mark inside with side note that states, 55.9GB (19.3 GB free). I click on the HD and a dialog box appears with the following info: Installing this software requires 125 MB of space. [Stop sign signal again] You cannot install Mac OSX Update on this volume. This volume does not meet the requirements for this update. Thanks in advance for your help.

10.4.10 is the latest version of OS X 10.4, unless you mean 10.4.1?

Click the  menu, then "about this mac". If you have the latest, you will get:
picture8ru2.png

10.4.10 is not 10.4.1, so you would be downgrading from 10.4.10 if you were installing 10.4.2.

10.4.10 is actually ten-point-four-point-ten. I always hated versioning going up that high because of the confusion it causes with people dropping that last zero (something that we all learned in elementary math with numbers after the decimal).

10.4.10 is not 10.4.1, so you would be downgrading from 10.4.10 if you were installing 10.4.2.

10.4.10 is actually ten-point-four-point-ten. I always hated versioning going up that high because of the confusion it causes with people dropping that last zero (something that we all learned in elementary math with numbers after the decimal).

exactly correct. and rumor has it that a final Tiger version may be forthcoming, 10.4.11

and as mentioned, but just to reiterate, 10.4.11 > 10.4.10 > 10.4.2

your computer won't let you downgrade the OS

Duh! Thanks for the clarification. How does Firefox as a browser work with Mac OS and what version would be preferable? Thanks again.

I use Firefox on the Mac and I'm OK with it. It's not as Mac-ish as something like Camino but since I use Firefox on Windows and GNU/Linux, I just stick with it for consistency across all three platforms.

That, and I love the extensions/add-ons. :D

Back