Problem with authentication using a mac client on windows 2003 network

ogicu812

Registered
Hi-

We just bought a new Mac at work (OS X 10.4.2). The network is a full domain running Windows 2003 Server with Active Directory. It is the only Mac in the company, and we are having a problem being able to bind it using the Directory Access Utility. I have followed instruction I have found in forums and elsewhere, but to no avail.

I clicked to enable Active Directory, entered the domain, entered the computer name, clicked bind, entered an administrator's user name and password, and clicked OK. It then starts to go through the 5 steps, but on the last one I get an error message that reads Insufficient

I am having the same problem. I just bought a new Powerbook and wanted to use it at the office where we use Windows Server 2003. All I want to do is to be able to log into my file server, automatically mount the volume on my desktop, access/view/edit any shared files, and synchronize with the server if any changes are made. I assume this is pretty common. My IT guys claimed that I need to buy ADmitMac, but I thought that I could do this through Tiger. I was wondering if there are any simple tutorials or setup guides availabe to look at.

As for the hint reference, how grave is the decrease in security or is it just myth?

Thanks in advance.

Back