problem with classic startup in jaguar

RyanLang

Charlie Brown
Hi. I'm working in the mac lab at my school and we're having a problem with 10.2.3 in that when we try to launch classic, it does not display the classic startup screen and its progress bar does nothing. This doesn't happen on all the machines, but I've seen this problem acting up on a couple of machines already so I know its not just a certain machine that has a specific problem. We just installed OSX a week or so ago and its been working well so far. Does anybody have any suggestion as to why classic wouldn't start up in jaguar?

-Ryan

P.S. - booting back into 9 causes no problems.

I just upgraded from 10.1.0 to Jaguar and don't have any problems starting up Classic. I did notice however that there is an option to not display the start up screen on during Classic startup. Perhaps this explains part of the problem?

Well, the startup screen appears, but it just shows osx's white stripes instead of a os9 splash as if it's going to display the os 9 splash at any second. However, it just hangs there forever and the progress bar doesn't even start to display that something is loading. Here's a screenshot of what it looks like when I try to start classic.

Attachments

• classic.pdf
    47 KB · Views: 11
Back