Problem with ColdFusion email form

MDLarson

Registered
First off, I am not a programmer. So speak slowly so I can understand this stuff. :)

I'm trying to setup a feedback form on my wife's website using ColdFusion. You can take a look at the form code in the page, but here's the entire contents of "emailer.cfm":
<cfmail to="#form.recipient#" cc="#form.email#" from="#form.email#" subject="ProlificPen.com Inquiry">Contact Name: #form.name#
Email Address: #form.email#
Phone Number: #form.phone#

Company: #form.company#
Address: #form.address#
City: #form.city#
State: #form.state#
Zip Code: #form.zip#

Service: #form.service#
--------------------------------------------------------------
#form.message#
--------------------------------------------------------------</cfmail>
<cflocation url="thank_you.html">
The problem is that every time I click the submit button, I get an error message; "The specified module could not be found." All 3 files (index.html, emailer.cfm and thank_you.html) are in the same directory, so I shouldn't have any broken links, but I'm sort of lost here. :(

p.s. I also can use PHP to process this contact form, but I don't know where to start with that. Maybe it's easier? Does anybody have a nice quick example of that?

(edit was to fix link)

You did not give us enough info...

Is this the form URL you meant to give us?

(To me this does NOT look like a ColdFusion error, unless they've neatened it up since CF 5. This look more like an Apache error.)

Does a normal test.cfm page (maybe printing the date) work? (i.e. is ColdFusion configured and functional?)

Can you give us the emailer.cfm code so we can see where you are a calling modules and how?

Do you have includes that might have nested module includes?

Crap, I did give out the wrong link. Yes, that's the link! Sorry 'bout that. The emailer.cfm code is the quoted text above. I can attach the text file if you want, but it's all there.

I really have no ColdFusion smarts besides a teensy itsy bit of code (like the emailer). I've been told ColdFusion is installed on the server but I have no verification that it's functioning.

What is a "module" anyway? :confused:

Thanks for your help!

Yeah, thats not a CF error. Or at-least not specifically a CF error. It could be a apache config problem. Specifically in the way that apache passes off the request to the CF engine. When apache gets a request for a *.cfm page, it *should* pass it to the CF server. It looks like this is not happening. Adding a module to apache is a common way of extending functionality. This is as much as I know on the subject. I have not had much experience running CF with apache.

Right... If you are seeing raw CFML on screen, then absolutely Apache is failing to pass this off to ColdFusion.

What module are you ussing... Are you doing ColdFusion MX /J2EE?

TommyWillB said:
Right... If you are seeing raw CFML on screen, then absolutely Apache is failing to pass this off to ColdFusion.

What module are you ussing... Are you doing ColdFusion MX /J2EE?
Thanks for the info; it sounds like I don't have it configured wrong - I think. And I'm not kidding; I really don't know anything about ColdFusion; all I have is Dreamweaver MX - all ColdFusion is to me is a few lines of code somebody did for me before. I don't have ColdFusion MX or J2EE or anything; just TextEdit!!!

This issue has always been frustrating for me. I consider web forms to be somewhat elementary; even a necessity for a business website. Plus I consider myself a pretty sharp guy, but for some reason, I have a hard time grasping website forms. Part of the issue is with me, as I've never setup a webserver. But... I dunno. Again, thanks for the help!

ColdFusion is both the name of thier Server as well as the name of their Web editor... That confuses a lot of people.

If you don't have a ColdFusion server running, then you can't run any CFML ColdFusion code.... Stick to plain old HTML. (No HTML can not process forms...)

Back