problem with ITunes 4.9

decypher9

Registered
So i installed the new update for itunes. Up until that my digidesign 002 rack sound interface worked fine with 4.8. Now, when i open itunes with my rack on, the itunes interface won't pop up, and the firewire connection to my rack will drop after about 5 seconds as i need to force quit itunes.

With the rack off, itunes starts normal and plays on integrated audio. So i tried to reinstall itunes, but when i get to the install part, all the options for installed say "disabled 0 bytes" Even after deleting all related itunes files and emptying trash it still won't let me reinstall.

Does anyone have a solution? or possibly a older version of ITunes installer file they could send me? thanks.

`kam

What OS are you running?

Did you delete the iTunes files in Hard Drive>Library>Receipts?

im running 10.3.9. and the latest drivers for the 002 rack. And the download link for 4.8 just leads to a 4.9 download page.

I found 4.7.1 which should help.

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/itunes471.html

From digidesign:

Note: The Digidesign CoreAudio Driver version 6.9 for Mac OS X 10.3 "Panther" will not work with Digidesign hardware in Mac OS X version 10.4 "Tiger".

Pro Tools TDM 6.9.2 and Pro Tools LE 6.9.2 include the option to install the Digidesign CoreAudio Driver version 6.9.2 for Pro Tools|HD Accel, Pro Tools|HD, Digi 002, Digi 002 Rack, and Mbox systems on Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.4.1. Currently, a Tiger-compatible standalone installer for the Digidesign CoreAudio Driver is not available. A Tiger-compatible standalone Digidesign CoreAudio Driver is expected to be available in July for Pro Tools TDM and LE hardware owners that do not have Pro Tools TDM 6.9.2 or Pro Tools LE 6.9.2 software.

Back