Problem with MS Office 2004 on Netboot set

El Alcahuete

Registered
Hi All.

In the lab I work we have Netboot configured on 25 G5 Imacs (1 Gig Ram) using a Xserve g5 with 2 gigs of Ram. We've had a couple of issues with some software when booting from the netboot set, (mainly graphics apps like Photoshop and Quark), however those have been resolved, and the only real problem we have now is that clipart in the MS Office 2004 applications (in all applications eg. Word, PP, Excel) will not load. The clip gallery will show up on the dock after you click Insert / Picture / From Clip Art but it will promptly dissappear. Sometimes, but not all the time, it will give me the error message
"Attempt to open database file Clip Gallery User Database failed". I tried trashing this file (Clip Gallery User Database) which is located in the Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Clip Art/Personal folder, and I tried trashing the entire folder as well. I also tried trashing the microsoft preferences in the user library but still no luck. Also, I tried reinstalling Office and all the updates, but yet again, nothing. Clip art works fine on the system
used to build the image, so I am sure it wasnt anything faulty on the image itself, but I have run out of ideas. I personally wouldnt mind not using clip art at all, but since I work in a student lab the students want to use clip art all the time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Back