Problem with os 10.1.5 update

seanross

Registered
I have a 933 g4 that is only a few months old.

I installed 10.1.5 as soon as I saw the upgrade, hoping beyond hope that it would speed things up a bit, and lo and behold, the permanent grin of death. I restarted, and my mac freezes upon the smiling mac screen. I restarted a few times with the start button, and it still happened. I then stuck in my osx 10.1.4 system disk that came with the computer, and proceeded to downgrade. I tried it again, assuming it was some sort of corruption, but exactly the same thing happened again. Boy what a waste of a night.

Sean Ross

...at the smiley mac only to continue on after about a minute. Not sure why they do this. I have a feeling it's going to be a long night for a quite a few of us... :(

so what have you done differently since the last update? messed with any system file locations? using ufs format? the os x installer is very picky about some things and if you mess with them, it will not work right. If you haven't done anything unusual, then perhaps you should be sure your disk isn't in need of repair. a installing a new version over the top of a corrupted one is also not a good idea. By coincidence, i had just repaired my system disk 2 days before this one. from what i found was wrong, i'm glad i did it before updating.

Mine worked fine, but I it did get confused by my multipled monitors...

It move my left one to the right of the main screen. The thing that confused me is that it still had the desktop patterns and icon placement all right.

I checked my hard drive before I upgraded, and am running a pretty vanilla version of OSX. I have a few APPS that I should probably delete, but I haven't customized anything on the deeper levels of the OS. I am reinstalling everything from the ground up, as I can't even get it to reboot in sys 10.1.4.

Hi There!

I have had the same problem. I restarted my G4 with the system cd while pressing "alt" after switch on. Locate the Folder Library on Your harddisk find Startupitems and delete "Powerdelete" and "Objektfarmspell" if installed. After deleting restart from harddrive as usual and pray that it works...

Good luck

Whoopee.... My printer (Epson 900 Network) mysteriously started working again after the 10.1.5 upgrade... :D

I'm not quite sure if my printer stopped working when I upgraded to 10.1.4 or when I installed my Cisco 5000 VPN.

Also I am not certain if the VPN still works, because it is down often and seems to be right now... :confused:

Back