Problem With Playing A Audio Cd In Osx.0.4

ERICBRIAN2002

Registered
I cant seem to play a audio cd in osx. I have tryied it with itunnes but it skipps and i tryied it with quicktime but nothing can any 1 help? I dont know why itunnes skips when it plays it?:confused:

I'm assuming this is with all audio CD's, not just one.

I would certainly go and invest in a CD Drive cleaner. One of those cheap CompUSA ones always works great, about $15

If you've done that already, then I would see what's taking up all of your CPU power, or what audio driver is damaged.

What machine are you running X on?

I AM RUNNING MY OSX ON MY IMAC WHICH I AM TRYING TO PLAY THE AUDIO CD BUT DONT KNOW WHY. ITS NOT BROKEN OR ANYTHING BECAUSE BE 4 I HAD INSTALLED OS X IT WORKED THEN AFTEER I INSTALLED IT IT DIDNT WORK? AND OS X DONT HAVE A AUDIO CD PLAY LIKE OS 9:rolleyes: AND ITS NOT THE CD.

There are a couple of other (shareware, I think) CD players out there for OS X, you might try those and see how they do. I'm surprised that you've had difficulty since iTunes has been the most skip-free of anything I've used recently for playing most music (ie: CD and/or mp3).

It might also be worth it to check (as the previous post suggests) what else is running. Go to the process view and sort by CPU and/or memory usage, or (better, I think), use the 'top' command at the command line.
It would make sense if you had something taking up a lot of memory and/or cpu time... remember that OS X needs a *lot* or RAM to make it happy! :)

Back