Problem with Toast beta 2 under os x.1

Zenzefiloan

Registered
My toast software does not seem to recognise my internal DVD drive on my titanium 500 please is there anything i can do for it to work. I am trying to select it from preferences but it is not shown there.

Also how can i make a cd copy from within the finder?

Thank you very much

Originally posted by Zenzefiloan
My toast software does not seem to recognise my internal DVD drive on my titanium 500 please is there anything i can do for it to work. I am trying to select it from preferences but it is not shown there.

Also how can i make a cd copy from within the finder?

Thank you very much

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the DVD drive in the Ti PB is a DVD-ROM. That being the case, Toast probably won't recognize it. I know that with older versions of Toast under 8.x/9.x, it was possible to get it to use a read-only drive to create .iso's and other disk images, but of course, it can't burn discs on a non CDR/CDRW/DVDR(am) drive.

The same would hold true for burning from the Finder in this case... it just won't.

...or have I missed a 'special' config of the Ti500?? :)

This is funny:)

Hopefully you are just trying to use the drive to read from for creating disk images??

I havnt tryed it myself, but I would recomend using Disk Copy. It works great for making Images, and even mounts/burns images created in Toast or Windows ISO images. Even strange custom hybrid imeges created in Toast burn properly with Disk Copy..

Ive yet to find an image it didnt burn correctly!

Back